Sunday, March 21, 2010

Craig David delivers anew

R&B star Craig David returns with a new single and album deal with MCA Music. His first single, is One More Lie (Standing In The Shadows), taken from his fifth studio album Signed Sealed Delivered released later on the March 2010.


The album is a collection of some of the great soul hits including For Once In My Life, Papa Was A Rolling Stone, I Heard It Through The Grapevine and the title track by Stevie Wonder, reworked in Craig's own style. The single, his first since 2008, takes a sample from the classic Four Tops hit (first released in 1966) and gives it a modern flavor.


From a UK Garage pioneer to a mainstream multi-million seller, Craig David is so much more than your average artist. The Southampton born singer is a truly exceptional individual who transcends the norm, consistently outdoes expectation and continues to push musical boundaries. Still only 27-years old, it’s incredible to consider what he’s achieved during his ten year career.


His brand new album, Signed Sealed Delivered asserts once more why Craig is such a significant artist. Covering a multitude of Motown classics, Craig’s fifth studio offering retains his innovative approach to music-making. Favorites from Stevie Wonder, the Four Tops and The Temptations are all given a 2010 twist; the first single One More Lie (Standing In The Shadows) is an upbeat floor-filler, featuring hard-knock drums and a new level of vocal from Craig, as he takes it to the top-end.


Indeed, his voice is the centerpiece of the entire album, asserting his presence as a powerful pop vocalist. “I felt like, if I’m going to sing a Stevie song, I have to do it justice, so I approached it differently,” says Craig of recording the record. “Even if my voice broke hitting those notes, even if it was out of my comfort zone, I put my all in. I wanted this record to feel the same as when I made my first album; the songs had to pop out of the speakers. As soon as I started to feel that, I knew I was onto a winner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment